If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At the start of every new year (and at the start of each season, too), I like to do a juice fast for 3-5 days. It's a great way to eliminate toxins, nourish the skin and clean out the system. I subsist on a variety of vegetable and fruit juices, and this is a favorite. It's also a great way to start the day, or as an afternoon pick-me-up. The bright flavor harbors a healthy dose of vitamins C and A and anti-inflammatory ginger. —gluttonforlife
- 3 ripe, juicy pears
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and fronds removed
- 1 large bunch watercress
- 1 2" knob of ginger
- 1 lemon
- Slice the pears and fennel bulb into quarters.
- Pare the peel and pith from the lemon, and slice in half.
- Run all ingredients through a juicer. Pour into 2 tall glasses and drink immediately. (You may want to serve with a tall spoon or swizzle stick as juice will separate if not drunk right away.)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish
What we turn to in the kitchen
13 essential cooking apps.
Paint your kitchen in one day.
We've got the summer blues.
How to cook with herb stems.
A better basket.