Author Notes: This scampi is ready to serve in 15 minutes or less! I love the buttery citrus flavors of the succulent shrimp! Definitely a must try! - mtlabor
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- teaspoons zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and thyme. Season with pepper and salt.
- In a large baking dish, arrange the shrimp around the dish, tails up. It's best if you use a circular dish for this. Spread the butter mixture on top of the shrimp and roast in oven for about 10 minutes. The shrimp should be nice a pink and the butter should be bubbling.
- Sprinkle shrimp with remaining parsley and basil leaves. Grate some Gruyere cheese on top and serve hot on top of linguine or crostini bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish