If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This scampi is ready to serve in 15 minutes or less! I love the buttery citrus flavors of the succulent shrimp! Definitely a must try! - mtlabor
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- teaspoons zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and thyme. Season with pepper and salt.
- In a large baking dish, arrange the shrimp around the dish, tails up. It's best if you use a circular dish for this. Spread the butter mixture on top of the shrimp and roast in oven for about 10 minutes. The shrimp should be nice a pink and the butter should be bubbling.
- Sprinkle shrimp with remaining parsley and basil leaves. Grate some Gruyere cheese on top and serve hot on top of linguine or crostini bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish