Author Notes: This is a hearty and flavor packed side that's great with all proteins! It's a traditional Greek dish whose recipe varies according to region - and family! - Julie Hyland
- 2 pounds Green Beans
- 12 ounces can diced tomatoes; drained
- 1 lg. Yellow Onion
- 1/3 bunch Parsley; minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Water to cover beans
- Sauté onions and garlic in bottom of large pot with olive oil.
- Once onions are translucent, add remainder of ingredients. Add enough water to cover beans. Bring to a boil and stir well.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer stirring occasionally until green beans are tender and water is absorbed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side