If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making this particular version of couscous for a long time - I just love it ... the freshness of the herbs and lemon with the salt from the olives and capers and feta ... it all comes together just right (I think!) so I was happy for a reason to make it this weekend (one must have a photo after all) - aargersi
- 1 1/2 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives - halved
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley (sorry Amanda :-)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- fresh black pepper
- bring the broth to a boil
- stir in couscous, olive oil, tomatoes, feta, olives and capers. Grind in some black pepper (to taste). Cover for 5 minutes (or according to direction on your couscous)
- stir in the parsley and green onion, cover for another minute or so.
- Squeeze in the lemon, stir, and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.