If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm very much a coffee purist, but! This almond-milk based version with some actual pumpkin in it, hits all of those Autumnal buttons for me. An equal amount of very strong coffee will get the job done if you can't make espresso at home. - Laura Wright | The First Mess
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg + extra to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 shots espresso
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. At this point, you can either whisk the milk vigorously to create a "froth" effect, or blend it carefully on high for 5-10 seconds.
- Brew your coffee/espresso into your serving mug. Top the coffee/espresso with the hot pumpkin milk mixture. Spoon some coconut whipped cream onto the drink and grate a little extra nutmeg over the top. Serve hot.