If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After spending the morning in bed with a cold, I needed soup. What I didn't have was any of the classic ingredients to make chicken noodle, in fact I had very little ingredients. With no energy to leave the house, I made due with what I had - and this super simple spicy tomato soup emerged, and it is packed with flavor. —Shannan
Makes 3 cups
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 chopped large shallot
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Virgnalta sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons catchup, or tomato paste(but in my state this was all I had)
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large sauce pan combine the shallots, herbs and seasonings, with the oil and halved tomatoes
- When the shallots become translucent, use a potato masher to "mash" the tomatoes
- Cover the mixture with stock and bring to a rolling boil for about 3 minutes
- Add the catsup and worcestershire sauce
- Carefully blend the soup smooth
- Add in the milk
- Taste, adjust with salt and pepper - if needed
Our Latest Contest
Show us Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
Enter our latest contest!
GMOs: You have the right to know.
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.