If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe brings many memories of my childhood...stews with lots of paprika simmering on the stove, sometimes with lamb, sometimes with pork...but always with paprika and rice or potatoes. This stew stands alone but feel free to ladle it over braised lamb or pork for a more substantial meal.
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek (white and pale green part only), diced
- 8 large cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One 14.5 ounce can plum tomatoes crushed a bit with your clean hands
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 of a pound of fresh young green beens, trimmed and halved
- 5 medium Yukon Gold or russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill plus more for garnish
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot, add the diced leek and saute until softened. Add the garlic halves, salt, pepper and paprika and continue to saute for a minute more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth and green beans, bring up to a boil and then down to a slow simmer and simmer, partially covered for about 30 minutes until the green beans are soft. Give everything a stir a couple of times while simmering.
- Add the potatoes, bring back up to a simmer and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Off the heat, stir in the tablespoon of dill. Serve in bowls, garnished with a few dill sprigs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Just Pudding It out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
We give it 8 tentacles up.