If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mashed potatoes collide with a classic appetizer flavor to turn your side dish into something truly special. —SunsetsOnTheSide
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 ounces bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces fontina, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 6.5 ounces jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pierce potatoes with a fork multiple times. Place directly on an oven rack and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until they’re cooked through and the inside is soft. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat with the olive oil and let cook until spinach is wilted, about 7-8 minutes. Transfer spinach to a mesh strainer, and push spinach against the strainer to squeeze out the excess liquid.
- When potatoes are cool enough to touch, slice each in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh, leaving enough of a border that the potato halves hold their shape, into a large mixing bowl. Brush the inside of each emptied potato half with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set on a baking sheet.
- Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, ¾ of the fontina, salt, and pepper to the potatoes. Mix with a hand mixer until completely smooth. Fold in the spinach and chopped artichokes. Scoop even portions of the potato mixture into the empty potato halves. Sprinkle the tops evenly with shredded parmesan and the remaining fontina.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.