If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a huge fan of the classic potato galette, cooked to perfection and served with some sour cream and a winter salad for dinner. I wanted to create something almost bite-sized, that would be good for parties, and this hit the spot! - Ashley Marie
- 3 pounds Miniature Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 Shallot, large, minced
- 4 tablespoons Bacon Fat, divided
- 1/4 pound Brussels Sprouts, stems removed
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 12 Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 1/2 cup Bechamel Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chives, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using a mandolin slicer set on the 1/8" mark, slice unpeeled fingerling potatoes. Rinse slices gently under cold water, drain and place - in an even layer - on a clean kitchen towel. Cover with another clean kitchen towel and press to absorb moisture.
- While the potatoes dry out, halve sprouts and place in a food processor. Process until finely shredded.
- In a small skillet, heat 3 TBSP bacon fat over medium heat. Add shallots and sprouts, sauteing until tender, about 10 minutes. Taste for salt.
- Lightly grease your muffin tins using the remainder of the bacon fat on a paper towel.
- Begin layering your potatoes in the muffin tin until you reach halfway through the depth. Spoon a tablespoon of the sprout mixture on top and then continue layering the potatoes. Firmly press down on the tops of them to compress. Repeat with the remaining 11 muffin tins.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a classic bechamel sauce (using butter, flour, milk and salt) and let sit on low, stirring occasionally until ready.
- Then, prepare shrimp. Preheat a dry cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss the shrimp in the melted butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in hot skillet.
- They shouldn't take long to cook, only a few minutes, set aside and keep warm.
- When ready, remove potatoes from oven.
- Place a large (wooden) cutting board (or two small ones) over your muffin tins, and - using covered hands - grab the boards and the muffin tin at the same time, quickly flipping over. Gently pull up the muffin tin to reveal your mini gallettes.
- Place on a serving plate, spoon some bechamel sauce over, top with a shrimp and sprinkle with some fresh cut chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.