If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh figs has slowly become one of my favourite fruits. It's easy to eat, with no seeds and no peeling. It is perfect for a refreshing and easy to make salad. There's nothing complicated about this dish. The only cooking involved is grilling or pan-frying the halloumi slices. So if you are too busy at work and have no mood to cook a full on hot meal when you get home, this will be a good option. Cut, grill, toss, plate and eat. Simple. - Ai Pheng Y
- 125g halloumi
- 2 figs (quartered)
- 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salad leaves
- handful of mint leaves
- Segment half of an orange and reserve its juice in a bowl.
- Quarter the figs and remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the bowl with orange juice.
- Pour a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix.
- Slice the mint leaves and save some whole leaves for garnish.
- Grill the halloumi slices and set aside.
- Place the sliced mint leaves and salad into the bowl with dressing.
- Toss until salad leaves are coated with dressing.
- Transfer dressed salad on to a plate, arrange the quartered figs and segments of oranges on the plate.
- Drizzle some honey over the salad.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the salad and garnish with a few mint leaves.