If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick pasta dish is perfect for those days when you need an easy, fast dinner that is still delicious and healthy. It combines the distinct flavors of artichoke and roasted red pepper, along with the satisfying earthiness of spinach, and subtle crunch of bread crumbs. Different types of pasta can be substituted if there's no spaghetti on hand, and frozen spinach can be used in place of fresh spinach. For a fun summer variation, replace the roasted red peppers with sundried tomatoes and add fresh corn. —Jes Siart
- 3.5 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large roasted red pepper, sliced into long strips
- 3.5 ounces artichoke hearts, half small jar
- 5 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rapid boil, then add whole wheat spaghetti. Cook according to package instructions or until al dente. Drain, toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, set aside.
- Sauté the onion in a large pan with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until soft and starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves and breadcrumbs and toss to combine the ingredients. Cook over medium heat until the breadcrumbs are slightly toasted but take care to avoid burning the garlic, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, spinach, and wine. Cook until the spinach wilts to half its size, about 5 minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and toss to combine all ingredients.
- Serve warm with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.