Author Notes: This a party bite that I make, knowing I will be in the slim minority of party goers that actually like smoked salmon. So, while the chips and salsa draws a crowd, you'll find me, hovering over this platter, feasting on fresh cucumber cups stuffed with the bright, clean flavors of salmon, red onion, horseradish, fresh dill, Greek yogurt and lemon. - foxeslovelemons
Makes 10 pieces
- 1 English cucumber
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber until no dark green skin remains. Cut off ends of cucumber, then cut cucumber crosswise into 10 pieces. Using a small melon baller or spoon, or the tip of the vegetable peeler, scoop out inside of each piece to form a cup, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edges and on the bottom. Lightly sprinkle cucumber cups with salt, then place, cup side down, on paper-towel lined baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Using a small spoon, fill cucumber cups with salmon mixture. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre