If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This a party bite that I make, knowing I will be in the slim minority of party goers that actually like smoked salmon. So, while the chips and salsa draws a crowd, you'll find me, hovering over this platter, feasting on fresh cucumber cups stuffed with the bright, clean flavors of salmon, red onion, horseradish, fresh dill, Greek yogurt and lemon. - foxeslovelemons
Makes 10 pieces
- 1 English cucumber
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber until no dark green skin remains. Cut off ends of cucumber, then cut cucumber crosswise into 10 pieces. Using a small melon baller or spoon, or the tip of the vegetable peeler, scoop out inside of each piece to form a cup, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edges and on the bottom. Lightly sprinkle cucumber cups with salt, then place, cup side down, on paper-towel lined baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Using a small spoon, fill cucumber cups with salmon mixture. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.