If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Can there be anything more fantastically savoury and moreish to have with a cocktail than a little cheese biscuit? That tang and crunch just go perfectly. These are crisp and with a good bite from strong cheese and a kick from the cayenne. Make a load of these to stash away in your freezer, ready to whip out when entertaining over Christmas. As you can see from my photograph, I served these with a Negroni but naturally the choice of drink is up to you. Or serve them anytime you would like a snack -- my children love them! - Anna May
Food52 Review: These little crackers are the perfect party bite. They're easy to make -- just throw everything in the whizzer, then roll, slice, and bake. The result is a crispy, buttery bite with just the right bit of herbal pop from the rosemary. I went straight Parmesan for the tailgate, but will be trying a mix of blue cheese and Parmesan for an upcoming lunch. - aargersi
- 100 grams soft butter
- 100 grams self-rising flour
- 100 grams strong cheese, grated (I use 50/50 Parmesan and vintage cheddar)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary needles, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C). Whizz all the ingredients together in a food processor, or rub them together with your fingers. Form into a roll, wrap in cling wrap, and put in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up (this makes cutting it easier).
- Cut into thin slices and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden on top. If you want to add rosemary salt, pound the needles in a mortar with a pinch of salt and add a small sprinkle onto the sables when they come out of the oven. Cool on a wire rack to let them crisp up.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.