If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delightful, raw purple cabbage slaw with Hazelnuts and Pomegranate that adds a beautiful touch of color to your plate in the Winter. Also makes a great light lunch between Holiday indulgences! - Mylittlejarofspices
For the Slaw
- 1/2 Purple cabbage head
- 1 Carrot
- 4 cups Mixed greens (spinach, beet…)
- 6-8 Radishes
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Cracked Peppercorns
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Juice from Pomegranate
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the red cabbage very thinly and place in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of salt and gently toss the cabbage with your hands, squishing it lightly between your palms to make it more tender. Do this for a minute.
- Peel the skin from the carrot. Using your normal peeler or a mandolin slicer, peel thin strips of carrots and add to the salad. Wash the radishes and cut off the ends. Using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife, cut the radishes into thin slivers. Add radishes and greens to the salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Seed the pomegranate by scoring with a knife it around the center, then twisting it until in pops into two halves. Place one of the halves face down in your hand and whack it several times with a wooden spoon to make the seeds fall out.
- Add pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, cilantro and fennel seeds to the bowl. Add salt and a crack of pepper.
- Make the dressing by vigorously whisking together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Divide the salad into plates and serve with a drizzle of dressing.