If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asian Meatballs - definitely 1 leg up on the Italian variety! - mtlabor
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 5 garlic cloved, minced and divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons black bean sauce with garlic
- pinch of cornstarch
- pinch of powdered ginger
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 small can bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons pad thai sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine pork, egg, grated onion, 3 garlic cloves, fresh ginger, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and panko bread crumbs in a medium bowl. Mix well and form about 1-2 inch meatballs.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet and brown meatballs on all sides. Do not cook all the way, just get them nice and browned. Then place on a greased baking sheet and bake in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Drain most of oil off of skillet, but leave just a bit. Combine honey, black bean garlic sauce, corn starch, powdered ginger, and 4 tablespoons of soy sauce in a small bowl. Add to skillet under medium heat and cook until it bubbles and slightly thickens. Pour mixture over meatballs and coat well.
- Heat up a little more canola oil in another large skillet under medium high heat and add garlic. Stir until fragrant, about a minute or so, and add in cooked rice. Then add carrots, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and peanuts. Mix well. Add pad thai sauce and a few dashes of soy sauce to the rice mixture. Incorporate the sauces well throughout the rice. Top with chopped green onion.
- Serve meatballs on top of rice and dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.