If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious cauliflower cashew soup will be a great addition to any New Year's resolution. Not only does this soup support detoxification but also reduces inflammation. Plus its light, fiber rich, and allergen friendly! - Poppies and Papayas
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon berbere
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder (I used madras curry)
- 4 cups cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, leafs removed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium-small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Generous pinch of saffron threads
- Fresh ground pepper and additional sea salt to taste
- Place the 1 cup raw cashews into the 1 cup chicken broth and allow to soak 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile sauté the onion in the coconut oil over medium heat in a large soup pot until translucent. Add the turmeric, berbere, and curry powder, reduce heat and stir. Allow the spices to become fragrant. Add the garlic, making sure not to let it burn.
- Put the cashews and soaking broth into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour this liquid into the soup pot along with the onions, garlic, and spices. Add the remaining broth and water and allow simmer covered over medium low heat until the cauliflower and sweet potato chunks are tender.
- Note: You can thin the soup with additional water to desired consistency. You just may have to add a little more seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes