If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We do plenty of homemade pizza nights at my house, but I hardly ever go the red sauce and cheese route. Most of mine see an even ratio of legit pizza/flatbread to greens on top because I like the variation of temperature and texture. This one features the heft of za'atar, carrots, and leeks, all livened up by clementine-dressed fennel shreds, arugula, and salty olives. Once you have a good piece of dough, this one's pretty much in the bag. —Laura Wright | The First Mess
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons za'atar
- 1 carrot, peeled into thick ribbons
- 1 leek, white and light green part only, sliced
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 handfuls baby arugula leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and shaved thinly
- 1 clementine, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the dough out on the parchment lined sheet. It should be about a foot in diameter all the way around. Drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil on top of the dough and spread it around with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the dough with the za'atar, some salt, and pepper. Scatter the carrot ribbons, leeks, almonds and olives across the dough. Drizzle a bit more olive oil on top. Slide the tray into the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust starts to appear golden brown.
- While the flatbread is baking, in a large bowl combine the arugula, fennel shreds, clementine juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss gently with your hands to combine.
- Once you remove the flatbread from the oven, cut it into slices and top it with the fennel salad. Serve hot.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.