If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Be sure to plan ahead for this drink, so that you have time to make the earl grey syrup. It's worth the trouble. In addition to this cocktail, you can also use it in a hot toddy, or try adding it to steamed milk for an unusual steamer.
This recipe was created by Kenaniah Bystrom, bar manager of Essex. - MollyandBrandon
Earl Grey syrup
- Boiling water
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 16 ounces honey
- 2 ounces American single-malt whiskey or Highland scotch
- 1/2 ounce Earl Grey syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 dashes Scrappy's cardamom bitters
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
- To make the earl grey syrup, measure 8 ounces of boiling water into a small saucepan. Add the tea bag, and steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bag, and add the honey to the saucepan. Place over medium heat, and stir until the honey dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat, and allow the syrup to cool. Chill thoroughly before using.
- To make the cocktail, combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, and shake well. Strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!