- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Generous pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Softened butter for baking dishes
- Toasted crusty bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Toss radicchio in olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake until radicchio wilt slightly, about 5 minutes.
- While radicchio bakes, whisk together eggs, milk and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. Butter 4 shallow dishes, such as individual gratin dishes, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Divide radicchio among ramekins, then add a dollop of ricotta to each. Fill dishes with custard. Bake custards until puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve custards with crusty bread.