If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Russian Honey Cake is light, sweet, and perfectly moist. It’s traditionally baked in a standard round pan, but I always love the way bundt pans make everything just a little fancier. It’s perfect with tea, with coffee, or with a cocktail. - Vicky | Things I Made Today
Food52 Review: WHO: Vicky | Things I Made Today runs a productivity, time management, and process improvement consulting company in Madison, WI.
WHAT: A spongy and fragrant cake for when the 3 PM doldrums set in.
HOW: In one bowl, beat egg whites into stiff peaks. In another, whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Add honey, baking soda, and sour cream, followed by flour and nuts. The last step is to fold in the egg whites and bake the batter in a fancy bundt pan.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Just as morning coffee is better with a bagel or a croissant, afternoon coffee is optimized with a piece of cake. This one looks fancy and sophisticated because of the bundt pan, but it’s made with ingredients you already have in your pantry. - The Editors
Serves 8 to 12
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Butter for pan
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until mixture is almost white. Add in honey, baking soda, and sour cream. Mixing at low speed, gradually add flour and nuts, and mix until batter is uniform.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Generously butter a bundt cake pan (or a 9-inch round pan) and pour in batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts