If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect side dish to a weeknight roast chicken or grilled steak - the slight bitterness of the greens is offset by the creamy, almost sweetness of the fingerling potatoes and bright lemon zest finished off with a little heat from the chili flake. You can substitute kale, spinach or chard in place of the dandelion greens in this recipe - just use whatever leafy greens you have on hand. This is a REALLY fabulous way to get your non-leafy-green-eating-kids (and husbands) to eat lots of greens (Thanks to the uber friendly and crispy fingerling potatoes that nobody can deny!). - Sarah Simms Hendrix
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 2 bunches Dandelion Greens
- 15-20 Small Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 Shallots
- 1/2 Lemon + Zest
- Red Chili Flake, to taste
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Grapeseed Oil (or chicken or duck fat), as needed
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut fingerlings into halves and quarters (depending on size) and toss in a bit of grapeseed oil. Spread in an even layer on a parchment-lined sheet tray and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast about 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- When the potatoes are about 5 minutes from being done, start the greens. Heat a sauté pan and add a tbsp of oil. Add the shallot to the oil while it is heating to infuse the shallot flavor. Once hot, add the greens, sauté for 3-5 minutes until wilted and no moisture is left. Deglaze the pan with squeeze of lemon juice.Taste and adjust seasoning (salt and pepper) as needed.
- Toss the Sautéed greens with the crispy fingerling potatoes. Add chili flakes and fresh lemon zest. Serve Immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.