If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Chinese New Year celebrity chef Ching-He Huang brings you a traditional Chinese New Year feast, featuring ingredients from higher welfare Freedom Food approved farms. —Tom Roche
- 2 ) 2 X Freedom Foods Duck Breast, skin and breast meat separated, breast sliced on the angle into 2 inch piece slices
- 4 bamboo skewers, pre-soaked in cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 inch of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons Runny honey
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or good chilli sauce of your choice
- 3 tablespoons Low sodium light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pinch Ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons Rapeseed oil
- 1 medium red Fresno chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 160g of Cavolo Nero, or dinosaur kale, or curly kale, washed, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 5 pinches Large pinches of cracked sea salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 500ml Groundnut oil
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan pepper, toasted, ground in a pestle and mortar
- 3 pinches Cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Potato starch
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- Few wedges of lemon
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate seeds
- 2 Ripe small Satsuma, zest and juice
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium light soy sauce
- Wash the duck breasts and pat dry. Remove the skin from the duck breasts.
- In a bowl, add all the marinade ingredients for the duck and marinade the breast meat for 1 hour, covered in the fridge to absorb all the flavours.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients. And pre-soak some bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
- With the duck skin, slice into pieces and dress with the spice mix and potato starch and set to one side. Heat a medium pan of fill with vegetable oil. When the oil has reached 180 degrees, place the seasoned duck skin pieces into the oil and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on absorbent kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Once the duck breasts have been marinated. Remove from the fridge and skewers the duck meat on the bamboo skewers.
- Heat a griddle on high heat and brush the griddle with vegetable oil. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Turn the heat to medium and cook the skewers basting with the marinade as it cooks for a further minute on each side. The marinade will make a sticky delicious glaze. Take off the heat and set the skewers to one side and to rest the meat.
- Heat a medium wok over high heat and add the rapeseed oil, then add in the chilli and the kales pieces and toss in the wok for 30 seconds. Cook for another 30 seconds until the kale has turned a deeper translucent green but is still al dente and season with cracked sea salt and lemon juice. Toss together and take off the heat.
- To serve, transfer the skewers to a warm serving plate, serve with the wok fried kale on the side, some of the fried crispy duck skin, a wedge of lemon and some garnish with some pomegranate seeds and serve immediately. Serve with a zesty Satsuma dressing on the side by whisking all the ingredients together and some Jasmine rice tossed through with some coriander if you wish.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.