Author Notes: Simple and quick soup that accentuate the taste of broccoli. You can serve this also chilled. - Cordelia
- 1 big shallot chopped
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 9 oz of broccoli florets
- 1 head of romaine lettuce cut
- 3 clove of garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese (about 1-2 tablespoon per person)
- Salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil, the shallot and green onion to a pot and satue for 5 minutes or so until soft and translucent. Add the broccoli and satue for few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the cream and parmesan and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf and puree the soup either in a food processor or hand blender.
- Add the cream and cook for few more minutes without boiling. Add some parmesan cheese to each bow of soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish