If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple and quick soup that accentuate the taste of broccoli. You can serve this also chilled. —Cordelia
- 1 big shallot chopped
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 9 oz of broccoli florets
- 1 head of romaine lettuce cut
- 3 clove of garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese (about 1-2 tablespoon per person)
- Salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil, the shallot and green onion to a pot and satue for 5 minutes or so until soft and translucent. Add the broccoli and satue for few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the cream and parmesan and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf and puree the soup either in a food processor or hand blender.
- Add the cream and cook for few more minutes without boiling. Add some parmesan cheese to each bow of soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish