If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the best food, ever. I like to use thick slices of bread and smash on a fat layer of avocado, so you get contrast between the crunch of toast, the soft innards of the bread, and the creamy avocado. Flaky salt is key; express yourself with extra toppings. —Marian Bull
- 1 slice of good bread (your choice: whole wheat, sourdough, and rye are all A+ options)
- 1/3 to 1/2 ripe avocado
- Flaky salt
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper, red pepper flakes. paprika, or ground cumin (optional)
- Toast your bread on both sides. Smash on avocado with a fork. Top with flaky salt -- don't be stingy -- and any other toppings that fit your fancy.
- Repeat as necessary.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Spick and Span
Our staff's best storage tips and tricks
Our staff's best storage tips.
This week's #happylist.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Storage made crystal clear.