If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "A hearty soup with tomatoes, stir-fried scrambled eggs and seasonal greens" was the inspiration for this soup--a description on a Chinese restaurant's menu. I was able to find several versions online and adapted them for this easy version--a tomato-based soup swirled with wispy egg, warming ginger and the satisfying umami of soy sauce. —Erika
- 15 ounces can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1-inch pieces fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
- dashes sesame oil, optional
- dashes fish oil, optional
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the tomatoes and sugar and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes are simmering.
- Add the ginger, both and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- While mixture is boiling, whisk the eggs until broken up. Slowly stream the egg into the pot with one hand while stirring the soup with the other. Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil and/or fish sauce if you like.
Spanakopita, meet grilled cheese
Build a better burger.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The magic of KonMari.
Get your shine on.