If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My local market is bringing on the most lovely watermelon radishes and celery root (celeriac). Roasting butternut squash with the radishes and celery root creates wonderful, caramelized flavors of sweetness, freshness, and a tangy bitterness. The preparation couldn't be easier, and the three disparate tastes create a combination of flavors that are refreshing and surprisingly good. When you cube the vegetables, try to keep their size uniform. - Bevi
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large watermelon radishes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arranged the cubed vegetables on one or two half sheet pans. Take care not to crowd the veggies onto one pan if it is not large enough. Otherwise, the vegetables will steam rather than roast.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the vegetables, and then sprinkle on salt and pepper to cover. With clean hands, toss the vegetables so they are well covered with olive oil.
- Place in the oven, and after about 20 minutes, turn the vegetables with a spatula so they will evenly caramelize.
- The roasting will take 45 minutes to an hour. If you desire, splash a bit of Meyer lemon juice over the roasted vegetables. The vegetables are done when they are softened and browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer