Author Notes: This is a typical Japanese dish for spring. The dressing is simply a mixture of mustard and soy sauce, which goes perfectly well with broccoli raab. In Japan it's made with "wagarashi" or Japanese mustard, but I used Dijion mustard (as I live in Italy and wagarashi is not available) and it works as well.
- Kyoko Ide
- 1 handful broccoli raab
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoon Dijion mustard
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Cut the broccoli raab in bite-sized pieces. Put a cup of water and the broccoli raab in a pot. Cover, turn on the heat to medium, and let it come to boil. Steam-boil it for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, let it cool down, and squeeze out the water. Set aside.
- Right before serving (otherwise it becomes soggy), add the broccoli raab in the bowl and mix well with the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard