If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Paleo, grain-free and low-carb twist on traditional breakfast hash browns using cauliflower instead of potatoes. Cauliflower will never have tasted so good! —Mylittlejarofspices
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, riced
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil or butter (or your fat of choice, for cooking)
- 1 pinch Salt, or more to taste
- 1 pinch Ground pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat oven at 410°F (210°C)
- Chop the cauliflower in small florets and process in a food processor or blender on high until it reaches a very fine “rice” texture. Make sure the texture is very thin and grainy, if there are bigger chunks they will make it harder for your hash browns to stay together when cooking. Proceed in batches if necessary.
- Transfer the riced cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Lay out a clean kitchen towel on a working surface or in a large salad bowl and transfer the cauliflower rice to the center of the towel. Twist it into a tight know and squeeze out excess water from the cauliflower as much as you can. Careful not to burn yourself. You should have a compact cauliflower mass as a result.
- In a bowl, whisk two eggs. Combine with the cauliflower and add the flaxseed meal and salt and pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil or butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Drop a tablespoon of cauliflower batter into the pan . Press down delicately with the back of the spoon to shape into thin patties, taking precaution not to break them. Let the hash browns cook on low heat for 2 minutes on each side, then remove from the skillet and place them on an absorbant paper to remove excess oil.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook the hash browns in the oven for 2-3 extra minutes on each side to make them extra crispy (you can also do this with small quantities in a toaster oven)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe