If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are great griddle cakes that can be served sweet or savory. While they are from a traditional Acadian pancake recipe and can be served with syrup, I use them to wrap up everything from peanut butter and banana, to veggies or eggs. They are a healthier alternative to regular wraps and stand up well to freezing. - SugarnStuff
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water, cooled slightly
- Mix together your dry ingredients, then whisk in 1 cup cold water and the pumpkin puree. The mixture will still be fairly thick at this point. Slowly whisk in 1 1/4 cups boiling water until you get a runny batter.
- Lightly spray a non-stick pan with oil or cooking spray. Bring to medium heat.
- To heated pan add 1/2 cup of batter per ploye . Tilt pan around to spread batter. Allow to cook until the top dries and you see bubbles, just a few minutes.
- Coax from bottom of pan with a flexible spatula and flip the ploye to cook for about 30 seconds or so on the other side. Remove from pan and repeat until you have used all the batter
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.