If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pairing chickpeas with sautéed vegetables to create a family favorite burger is pretty fantastic! We use a Chia Seed and water mixture as an egg replacement which you will find yourself thrilled about, given the high omega 3 content. These delicious and filling chickpea burgers have both the flavor and nutritional components to make even the toughest critic applaud! - Diane Hoch
- 4 cups Chickpeas - cooked
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, minced
- 1 cup Carrots, grated
- 2 cups Spinach, chopped small
- 3 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seed
- 6 tablespoons Water
- 3/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, pressed
- 2 Avocados
- * To prepare chia seed mixture, add chia seeds to water and set aside. After 5 minutes use whisk and mixture will become gelatinous.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook onions and garlic until translucent - about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, spinach, turmeric, cumin, and continue cooking until carrots are soft - about 3-5 minutes - turn off heat and set pan aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas until mostly smooth, leaving about 1/3 in a chunky texture.
- Add chickpeas to saute pan with vegetables and mix to deglaze and combine before transferring to a large bowl.
- Fold in chia seed mixture well before adding garbanzo bean flour, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into burger form and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Create your garlic topping by combining the 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons pressed garlic - then use this to spoon a dollop on top of each burger and spread to coat.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip burgers before returning to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil at 450* and finish cooking to create a golden brown topping.
- Place burger on plate and top with sliced avocado - Enjoy! YUM!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas