If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple homestyle recipe pairing the very comforting cauliflower with its companion the potato. This recipe has been adapted for roasting which adds a deeper layer of flavor to these mildly seasoned vegetables. —Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower (about 1 pound), cut into medium sized pieces
- 3/4 pound red skinned or other organic potatoes (halved or quartered, depending on the size)
- 2 tablespoons oil (mustard or EVOO)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon turmeric
- Pink, regular or sea salt to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon panchphoron (Bengali Five Spice)
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or Cayenne to finish
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime) optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the oil, red onion, turmeric, salt and garlic and toss and mix well. Place the vegetable in a large casserole dish (I find this works better than a baking sheet, even though it is spread out in both cases)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, scatter with the panchphoron and bake for another 8-10 minutes. The vegetables should be crisp and fork tender.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes or cayenne and the cilantro. Squeeze in the lime juice if desired and serve hot.
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
We've got the summer blues.
13 essential cooking apps.
A better basket.