If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adore green onion pancakes but they often require the need to create a dough. Since I create recipes for parents that are exciting their kids to love fruits and veggies, I always look for ways to make the recipe quick and dirty and seriously yummy, which is why this green onion pancake uses a short-cut of the already made pancake batter from Bob's Red Mill. I have to live gluten free, so this is also a GF recipe that feels like it's gluten love and savory sumptuousness. We also add a little drizzle sauce to kick it up one more notch! PS: we thought the sour cream on top could be optional but we highly recommend it not be. - Chef Hollie Greene
Green Onion Pancake Batter
- 1 bunch Green onions (scallions)
- 1.5 cups GF Pancake Mix by Bob's Red Mill
- 1 Eggs
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Sour Cream (to garnish; optional)
- Cut the green onions into small discs. Set aside a few green tops to be used to sprinkle over pancakes when you serve them.
- Preheat oven to 325F, to keep cooked pancakes warm while you finish cooking all the batter.
- In a bowl beat the egg together with the coconut milk and sesame oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Chinese five spice and salt with the pancake four.
- Add the pancake flour and spices to the egg mixture gradually, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the cut green onions into the batter.
- In a nonstick pan, heat enough coconut oil in the pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Use a spoon to place 1-2 pancakes into the pan. Cook over medium-high heat. Look for bubbles on the outside of the pancakes. Flip and cook another minute.
- Hold finished pancakes in a warm oven on a baking sheet.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream (optional but yummy), extra green onions, and the sauce on the side, which can be drizzled over.
Savory Sauce To Drizzle On Top
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tamari (GF Soy Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 pinch Hot pepper flakes
- Make the sauce that can be drizzled on top of pancakes by combining all ingredients in a bowl and stirring together.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.