If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was my Mom’s recipe but she sliced and boiled the potatoes first then mixed and baked for about 30 to 40 minutes. I like to do them in the oven and when I do other side dishes too that take less baking time I can get them done at the same time. Any potato works well too and if you want to cut the fat use low fat milk; but if you want to indulge the heavy cream takes them up a notch! —[email protected]
Serves 4 to 6
- About 2 pounds yellow potatoes
- 1 can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese
- About a cup of shredded cheddar + more for the top, I like sharp
- About a cup of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter or oil a casserole dish that has a cover. I use a 10X10X2 inch corning ware dish and about 2 pounds of potatoes is just right for it.
- I cut the ends off the potatoes and peel any bad looking skin but leave some that looks good. Slice a ¼ inch or a little less into a large dish, add salt and pepper
- Add the can of Cheddar Cheese and stir to coat the potatoes well. Add the shredded cheddar and fold in. Pour into the casserole dish. Pour the heavy cream over, enough to come up about half way.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, remove the lid and sprinkle on some more cheddar cheese. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer. When the edges are getting browned well they are done. Enjoy
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).