If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy the best of spring ingredients in this hearty, yet healthy potato salad. The first time I discovered that potato salad need not be smothered in mayonnaise was preparing lunch with some starch-loving German friends, who instead used greek yogurt as a binder. Both satisfying and refreshingly zesty, this salad is perfect for lunch or as a side dish at a brunch or picnic. - the convivialist
- 1000 grams waxy potatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 scallions
- 2 carrots
- 150 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch parsley (small bunch)
- 1 handful arugula
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 150 grams Greek yogurt, either full or non-fat
- 1 small clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 splash apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- pinches salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare potatoes: scrub potatoes and chop into large pieces of equal size. (This is important so that they cook evenly.) Place in a medium-sized pot and fill with cold water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook on high heat until a fork easily pierces through the flesh. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare and chop hard-boil eggs into small bite-sized pieces, dice spring onions, shave carrots thinly, finely chop parsley and coarsely chop arugula and capers. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing: very finely chop garlic and mix in a small jar or bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk in olive oil, vinegar, honey, lemon and Dijon mustard until smooth. Add fresh ground pepper and more salt to taste. Set aside.
- By now, the potatoes should be cool enough to handle (but still a bit warm). Peel if you are so inclined (I always leave the peel on, but that’s my own taste) and chop into bite-sized pieces. Place potatoes in the bowl with the other ingredients. Crumble in the feta cheese and stir gently with a spoon. Pour the dressing over the top and mix everything together carefully. Lastly, dump the container of Greek yogurt over the top and stir again, gently, to incorporate into the salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions