Author Notes: I love pesto. I especially love pesto that uses any, and all kinds of greens and herbs! The combinations are truly endless in the wide world of pesto. Here, I chose spinach and chives for a super spring-y pesto to top pasta, veggies, grain salads, options are endless. - Lindsey S. Love | Dolly and Oatmeal
Makes 2.5 cups
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Combine spinach, chives, garlic, pistachios and salt in a food processor, while the motor is running, pour olive oil through the top. Stop and scrape a few times until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Pesto can also be kept in the freezer for up to 5 months.