If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While cooking from recipes is the rage nowadays, in my opinion, the best dishes are the ones which reflect who you are as an individual. Dig deep into your memories, think about the ingredients and tastes that have talked to you in the past, and then let your creative juices flow! I have been drawn to healthy ingredients with an Indian touch in my dishes reflecting my Indian roots. Today I have prepared a Tart with strained greek yogurt. While regular yogurt can be part of a healthy diet, the greek yogurt does have an undeniable edge over the regular kind. Greek yogurt is strained to remove much of the lactose, sugar and liquid whey. This gives it a thick consistency. In the same amount of calories, greek yogurt can pack up to double the protein, while cutting sugar content by half compared to the regular yogurt. I have strained the greek yogurt further overnight, which gave it the creamy consistency of cream cheese. I have added cardamom and honey, making the yogurt taste like the Indian shrikhand. The crust is entirely raw – made of almond, coconut flakes and hemp seeds. This healthy dessert is easy to make and can be stored in freezer for 10 to 15 days. Hope you enjoy! - Medha | Farm on Plate
Makes 7 inch tart
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 10 dates - pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Place almonds, dates, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, sea salt and coconut oil in food processor. Pulse until chopped, to chunky/sticky mixture. (Add couple of tbsp of cold water if needed).
- Place mixture in springform pan, you can also use regular cake pan covered with saran wrap. Flatten out with your fingers or back of a spoon. Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Yogurt Cardamom Filling
- 3 cups greek yogurt (24 oz)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup honey/ agave/ maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- Mix greek yogurt with pinch of salt. Place yogurt in double layer cheesecloth/muslin cloth, gather up the sides and put the bundle in strainer over the deep bowl. Put in the fridge over night to drain.
- Put drained yogurt, cardamom, honey, lemon juice and salt in the food processor. Mix well and adjust for sweetness.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the crust and tap the pan gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Put the pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set. Before serving, take the pan out of the freezer and thaw for 15 minutes.
- Top the tart with your choice of fresh fruit or berries before serving.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.