If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy-peasy homemade dog treats you can whip together in no time and feel good about giving your pup. Try adding in bits of bacon for a very special treat (but give Fido those sparingly). —erinmcdowell
Makes about 3 dozen medium biscuits
- 1/2 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or use the oil that has separated from the natural peanut butter inside the jar)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the peanut butter, water, and oil.
- Add the flours gradually, mixing until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough, 2 to 3 minutes. (This can also be done by hand, though the kneading will take longer -- 6 to 8 minutes.)
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut out biscuits using a floured cookie cutter, and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Leave at least 1/4 inch between each biscuit to ensure even baking (the biscuits don’t spread much).
- Bake until golden brown on the bottom and edges, about 12 to 18 minutes (depending on the size of the cookie cutter). Cool completely before serving to your pooch.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Cookies
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.