Author Notes: Easy-peasy homemade dog treats you can whip together in no time and feel good about giving your pup. Try adding in bits of bacon for a very special treat (but give Fido those sparingly). - erinmcdowell
Makes about 3 dozen medium biscuits
- 1/2 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or use the oil that has separated from the natural peanut butter inside the jar)
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the peanut butter, water, and oil.
- Add the flours gradually, mixing until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough, 2 to 3 minutes. (This can also be done by hand, though the kneading will take longer -- 6 to 8 minutes.)
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut out biscuits using a floured cookie cutter, and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Leave at least 1/4 inch between each biscuit to ensure even baking (the biscuits don’t spread much).
- Bake until golden brown on the bottom and edges, about 12 to 18 minutes (depending on the size of the cookie cutter). Cool completely before serving to your pooch.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!