If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "This should go on your list of best recipes ever.” says the boyfriend. Buttery walnuts get an umami punch with soy sauce and taco seasonings to create really tasty vegan taco "meat." We love eating these topped with tons of fresh salsa and creamy avocado in a big crunchy cabbage leaf. - Erika
For the walnut taco meat:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raw, unpasteurized soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- dash of pepper
For the peach salsa and assembling the tacos:
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- juice from half a lime
- dash of cumin
- dash of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large red cabbage leaves
- 1 small avocado
- optional toppings: sprouts, shaved carrots, mushrooms, cabbage, sunflower seeds
- Pulse all ingredients for the taco "meat" in a food processor until just combined. Don't over process or you'll get walnut butter!
- Combine all ingredients for the salsa and toss. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Spoon some taco meat into a freshly washed cabbage leaf and pile on the salsa, avocado and other optional toppings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts