If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This key lime pie has a hint of tang to it, which tempers the sweetness. It'll bring the warm sunshine inside right to your plate. —FirstTimeFoods
- 6 graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (bottled or fresh, ~30 key limes needed for fresh juice)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Melt butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Place graham crackers in a quart sized plastic bag, close bag, and crush with your hands or a rolling pin until you have small crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons sugar to bag and shake to combine.
- Grease a 9-inch round pie pan.
- Place the graham crackers and melted butter in the pie pan and combine well with a spatula. Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup key lime juice, and 1/2 cup sour cream until smooth.
- Pour the key lime filling into the pie pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the oven off and keep the pie in for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ~30 minutes. Then place in the fridge for ~3 hours to chill.
- Top with whipped cream and lime wedges or mint garnish. Serve chilled.
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.