Author Notes: This key lime pie has a hint of tang to it, which tempers the sweetness. It'll bring the warm sunshine inside right to your plate. - FirstTimeFoods
- 6 graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cups key lime juice (bottled or fresh, ~30 key limes needed for fresh juice)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Melt butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Place graham crackers in a quart sized plastic bag, close bag, and crush with your hands or a rolling pin until you have small crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons sugar to bag and shake to combine.
- Grease a 9-inch round pie pan.
- Place the graham crackers and melted butter in the pie pan and combine well with a spatula. Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup key lime juice, and 1/2 cup sour cream until smooth.
- Pour the key lime filling into the pie pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the oven off and keep the pie in for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ~30 minutes. Then place in the fridge for ~3 hours to chill.
- Top with whipped cream and lime wedges or mint garnish. Serve chilled.