If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I eat a lot of endive, watercress and blue cheese salads but sometimes I find myself craving an alternative. I'm a big fan of Stilton Cheese and I love the way chicory holds salad dressing. —sweet enough
- 1 head chicory, washed and dried with tough outer leaves removed
- one bulb fennel, tough outer section removed, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio, washed and cut into a mediem shred
- 2 ripe but firm pears, like bartlett or anjou
- 3/4 cup crumbled stilton (or blue) cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, broken into pieces
- juice of one blood orange
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olilve oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- tear the chicory into bite size pieces and place in a large salad bowl with the fennel and radicchio
- place the mustard, orange juice, shallot, and vinegar in a jar or mixing bowl and whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream. mix in salt and pepper and pour over the salad, reserving a little bit to pour over the top of the salad. gently toss the salad.
- peel, core, and thinly slice the pears. spread out over the top of the salad. sprinkle on the cheese and nuts and spoon on the leftover dressing.
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.