If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are many similar recipes on the Internet, but my friend Maria and I changed it to make it our own. It is a summer favorite at my beach cottage to snack on while having cocktails on the porch or a nice addition to the cooler at the beach. Everyone loves it and it presents beautifully. —belfman
Serves 8+ for appetizers
- 3 Store bought or homemade balls of pizza dough
- 3/4-1 cups Olive oil
- 1 pound Fresh mozzarella
- 2 cups Fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil
- 1 cup Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and Fresh ground pepper
- Mix Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into olive oil in a wide mouth bowl. Spray a bundt or angel food cake pan lightly with vegetable spray and set next to bowl. Pull off 2" pieces of pizza dough and roll into a ball. Place in bottom of cake pan. Continue until bottom is completely covered. Sprinkle one clove of garlic, 1/2 of spinach leaves, 1/2 of cheese,1/2 of tomatoes and 1/2 of the basil Add another layer of pizza dough balls, then the garlic, spinach, cheese, tomatoes and basil.. Add one more layer of pizza dough balls.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 mins. Let cool for 15 minutes. Run a plastic knife around the pan. Put a plate on top and invert. Serve by slicing like a cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
Hummus Is Your Lunchtime Hero
From salads to sandwiches—expand your hummus horizons
Hummus is a lunchtime hero.
Just for the halibut.
A quesadilla, case closed.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.