If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this salad at least once a week in the summer. I try to use tomatoes with a low acidity and a good amount of sweetness. I've recommeded using heirloom tomatoes here but sometimes a good farm stand tomato is even better. —sweet enough
- 1 bunch arugula, washed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cubed, and seeded if there are a lot of seeds
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 large or 3 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups french feta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 1 cup of leaves)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- wisk together the olive oil, lemon, honey, salt and pepper. to assemble salad place arugula, cucumber, watermelon, tomatoes, mint, and onion in a bowl and gently toss with the dressing. sprinkle the feta over the top and serve. it's essential that you serve this immediately or the moisture in the tomatoes and watermelon will turn the whole salad into a soggy mess.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.