If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The burger buns are made with grated sweet potatoes, mint and buckwheat flour. The burger is filled with grilled red onion, mushroom, beef patty and home made shallot sauce. This recipe is gluten-free, low calorie and low carb. —sweetashoneynz
Burger Gluten-Free Bun
- 3 Orange Sweet Potatoes, grated
- 4 whole eggs
- 100 grams buckwheat flour
- 15 grams fresh mint, chopped
Avocado shallot sauce, patty and vegetables
- 1 riped avocado
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 10 grams fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon lime juice
- 8 mushroom
- 1 red onion
- 4 beef patty
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 grams rocket salad
- Peel the orange sweet potatoes. Cut the sweet potatoes in cube and grated them into a food processor.
- In a bowl mix the grated sweet potatoes with buckwheat flour, chopped mint, whole eggs, salt and pepper.
- Warm 3 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Use a metallic cookie cutter press to form the cakes into the sauce pan.
- Put the metallic cookie cutter circle shape into the sauce pan and fill in with the sweet potatoes mixture.
- Press firmly with the cutter press to compact the cakes. It is important that you remove all air to create a firm and compact cake.
- Fry for 10 minutes on both sides.
- Put aside onto absorbent towel to remove the excess of oil.
- Slice the red onion and mushrooms.
- Warm 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a sauce pan.
- Fry the vegetables until soft and tender.
- Add salt and pepper. Put aside.
- Peel the riped avocado.
- Remove the avocado kernel and make an avocado puree by using a fork.
- Add the finely chopped shallots, chopped mint, lime juice, salt and pepper. Put the avocado sauce in the fridge.
- Grill the beef patties - 100g of minced beef/patty - onto a BBQ or a sauce pan with a bit of olive oil.
- In a plate place a sweet potato cake.
- Spread avocado sauce, add the rocket salad, beef patty, grilled mushroom/red onion, avocado sauce and top up with another sweet potato cake.
- Eat straight away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.