If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 cup medium bulgur
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1 small bunch mint
- 1 medium bunch parsley
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine bulgur and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan; season with salt. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer bulgur 5 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered. Set aside 10 minutes.
- While the bulgur steams, thinly slice chives and transfer to a large bowl. Finely chop parsley (stems included) and mint leaves; transfer to bowl with chives. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and cucumbers to bowl with herbs, then bulgur. Toss salad with lemon juice and olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.