If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This granola is my favorite recipe yet. It is very crunchy and chunky. Please replace/add/remove any and all ingredients to your liking! If you have a gluten intolerance, please use only Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats. —Skylor Powell
- 4 cups Thick Rolled Oats
- 4 cups Barley Flakes
- 1 cup Chopped Crystallized Ginger
- 1 cup Dried, Unsulphured Apricots
- 1 cup Dried Apple
- 1 cup Chopped Almonds
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Dried Bananas
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Brown Rice Syrup
- Preheat oven to 295 degrees.
- Combine oats and barley. Place on cookie sheet and heat in oven for 20 minutes.
- While oats and barley are lightly toasting, chop all nuts and fruit. Combine into one large mixture and add cinnamon.
- Remove oats and barley from oven after 20 minutes. Drizzle and dollup brown rice syrup on oats and barley. Stir oats and barley around on pan, replace in oven for 15 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 as many times as necessary to get the consistency of granola that you would like.
- Once the granola is chunky enough to your liking, remove from oven and add fruit and nut mixture. Drizzle combination with brown rice syrup one final time, mix, and place back in oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave granola in the oven over night. (This step can be reduced to a few hours, but fox maximum crunch I advise to leave over night.)
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).