If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We decided to create a potato salad inspired by our absolute favorite Greek dish, spanakopita. To celebrate our yiayia’s famous pastry, we mix the savory, cheesy filling with warm garlicy roasted potatoes. The addition of Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh dill, adds color while further amplifying the tasty side. - Twin Tastes
Serves 6 sides
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes or small russet potatoes, halved
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- generous salt and pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach and arugula mix
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toss the potatoes with the minced garlic, EVOO, salt and pepper, and spread on a baking sheet. Roast for 45-55 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and fork tender, making sure to stir the potatoes every so often while roasting.
- While the potatoes are roasting, whisk together the vinegar, EVOO and salt and pepper in a small bowl. In a large salad bowl, toss the baby spinach, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and dill together.
- Once the potatoes are perfectly roasted, remove them from the oven and heap them directly into the salad bowl. Pour the dressing on top, and gently toss with tongs. Allow the spinach to wilt, feta to melt slightly, and potatoes to absorb the dressing. Serve at any temperature.