Author Notes: Crab... done Cioppino-style... you'll never go back to normal crab again! - mtlabor
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 cups chardonnay
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 15 oz. cans diced fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Dungeness Crabs, cooked, cleaned, and broken down
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven under medium heat and add onion & garlic. Saute until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to let the garlic burn by stirring frequently.
- Add both wines and bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Add the clam juice, tomatoes w/ juice, 1 cup water, bay leaves, parsley, and red pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil as well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the crab pieces and roast, uncovered, in oven for about 15-20 minutes more. Serve in deep bowls/plates and with crunchy baguette.