If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crab... done Cioppino-style... you'll never go back to normal crab again! —mtlabor
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 cup chardonnay
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 15 oz. cans diced fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Dungeness Crabs, cooked, cleaned, and broken down
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven under medium heat and add onion & garlic. Saute until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to let the garlic burn by stirring frequently.
- Add both wines and bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Add the clam juice, tomatoes w/ juice, 1 cup water, bay leaves, parsley, and red pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil as well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the crab pieces and roast, uncovered, in oven for about 15-20 minutes more. Serve in deep bowls/plates and with crunchy baguette.