If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this soup a lot because I always have everything I need on hand. Best of all, it only has 5 ingredients (if you don't count salt and pepper). It's good pureed or with the slices of onion floating around, and it freezes well. - erinmcdowell
Makes 1 1/2 quarts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 onions, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 (14 oz) cans beef broth (or 6 cups homemade)
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, and toss to coat evenly in oil.
- Reduce heat to low and saute, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown and caramelized, about 10-12 minutes
- Stir in the garlic, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, and stir until it reduces completely. Add the broth, and bring the soup to a simmer. Simmer until the soup has good flavor, about 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Onion or Garlic Soup
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.