Author Notes: This is another one of those simple-is-best salads, where you can really taste the ingredients. Try it as a first course with a roast chicken, or as a full meal in itself. And reward yourself: don’t skimp on the cheese. You deserve it. - Furey and the Feast
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 cups packed arugula
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut sweet potato into crouton-sized pieces and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until pieces are browned and tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add arugula, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss mixture until all leaves are coated. Throw in roasted sweet potatoes, toss, and garnish with shaved Parmesan.