If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a vegan take on an often cheese-stuffed dish. If vegan cheese scares you (I would only use Follow Your Heart, Daiya, or Cheezly), you can also stuff these with blended cashew nuts, crumbled extra-firm tofu, mashed beans, or just loads of veggies. Really, the variations are endless, but this particular recipe is rather delicious. —HaikuTofu
Serves 8 rolls
- 1 large eggplant
- 3/4 cup any white vegan cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 10-15 kalamata olives, chopped
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Olive Oil Mister, if you have one
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 10 steaks. Throw away the first and last slices as they will have too much skin to be tender.
- Salt the eggplant steaks and let them sit for 20 minutes. Rinse, then pat dry with a towel.
- Lay the eggplant on a foil-lined baking sheet, mist with olive oil, and broil for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. The eggplant should be tender and slightly browned.
- Take an eggplant steak and layer 2/3 of it with spinach, onion, cheese, olives, artichoke, and sun-dried tomato. Roll it up (starting at the stuffed end and rolling towards the 1/3 without filling) and place it seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with the other steaks.
- Broil for another 5-10 minutes. Serve drizzled with a bit of olive oil.
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.